On November 11, our project partners at Thomas Fuller Construction Co. Limited transported several key elements from the monument site at Dow’s Lake to the Fuller Construction facility here in Ottawa. Over the coming months, Fuller Construction will complete much needed repair work on several pieces, including the anchor, the two 9-pounder guns and flag staff.
The connection between Fuller Construction and the Naval Reserve runs deep. In fact, the monument was first installed by the Thomas Fuller Construction company, operated by retired Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve member Captain Thomas Fuller (1908-1994), a decorated Second World War naval hero who also served as commanding officer of HMCS Carleton from 1948-1951.
We are incredible fortunate to have Fuller Construction onboard for this project. We can’t wait to see the results of their hard work.